A Consistent History of Growth
RLS Logistics is a privately held, family-run company with the third generation of the Leo family handling the day-to-day operations. Originally founded as R. Leo & Son Mushroom Farm, the company transformed itself over the years into one of the region's leading temperature-controlled logistics providers offering transportation, warehousing, packaging and distribution services. The tradition of quality service at a fair price has helped make RLS Logistics the premier third-party logistics company it is today.
- Attained BRC certification at Vineland, NJ and Vineland North Logistics Centers
- Opened 2nd repacking line at Newfield, NJ Logistics Center
- Attained BRC certification at Newfield, NJ and Pittston, PA Logistics Centers
- Opened Vineland North Logistics Center
- Started Truckload Brokerage business unit with opening of Mt. Laurel, NJ office.
- Expanded Packaging Division into frozen food repack business with a significant investment in automated equipment and trained personnel.
- Introduced Walmart Suppliers Consolidation Program (pool #464).
- Completed phase #1 of Solar electric power system.
- Acquired All Freight Logistics, Inc., a New Haven, CT based temperature-controlled LTL company, in order to expand geographic reach into the New England market
- Built new Corporate Office at Newfield, NJ site and relocated Shared Services Division to the new headquarters in order to gain administrative efficiencies and setup for future growth. Named office “Rosario Leo Building” to honor grandfather and original founder.
- Numerous land purchases and expansions to Newfield, NJ logistics center brings site to 43 acres and over 255,000 sq ft.
- Opened Pittston, PA facility with the acquisition of Inter Cities Cold Storage, Inc., a Northeastern Pennsylvania based, cold storage operator with over 185,000 sq ft of refrigerated space.
- Began operating Vineland, NJ logistics center, a plant-attached cold storage facility with an agreement to manage all logistics operations for an International frozen bread manufacturer
- Customized packaging and order fulfillment services added with the inception of RLS Packaging, LLC
- Rebranded R. Leo & Son Freezer Storage, Inc., RLS Transport, Inc., and Quick Frozen Transport, Inc. into “RLS Logistics” in order to promote and communicate a consistent message to clients and associates.
- Russell Leo named President & CEO, Transportation Group
- Anthony M. Leo named President & CEO, Warehousing Group
- Nationwide distribution initiated with the acquisition of Quick Frozen Transport, Inc., a Blackwood, NJ based frozen and refrigerated food LTL company. Relocated business to Newfield, NJ facility.
- Regional transportation services begin with the starting of RLS Transport, Inc., an asset-based refrigerated trucking company.
- Exited farming business to concentrate on growth of freezer storage business.
- Branched into the cold storage business with the starting of R. Leo & Son Freezer Storage (founded by Anthony Leo).
- Farming operations grew to 100 acres of various produce.
- Three expansions completed to original mushroom building
- R. Leo & Son Mushroom Farm founded by Rosario Leo and his son Anthony